Friday, March 31, 2017

Update for Friday March 31st.

I am working non stop on my comic and my thesis. It is taking a lot of effort and I am barely holding it together.


In terms of research I have moved on from visual research to more thematic research as I finish my thesis.

My visual research this week was:



TRAIN TO BUSAN

A Korean horror film about a train where zombie begin to board and take over cars one by one. A father has to keep his daughter safe in an increasingly dangerous situation and it's uses of characters, environment and visual storytelling exploring themes of self sacrifice and unsolicited compassion.

My thematic research this week was:


CULTS AND STUFF

I have been pairing with the podcast Sect Ed to research the effects of suspicion, brainwashing and fear mongering in the real world. It will provide useful information when I write about the real world effects of corruptive elements. (The Heaven's Gate cult used the internet to draw in new members and used sci-fi to indoctrinate impressionable youths.)

Hopefully that can give me more information to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment