Friday, February 24, 2017

Update for Feb 24th

Spring break is here and I intend to come into the studio at least every other day this week to work on pages all day. Hopefully that will give me the boost of extra time I need to work on my thesis.

In the meantime the most relevant research I did was on the ARG 'Sara is Missing" in which you play a stranger investigating a lost phone that might belong to a kidnap victim, and you have to dig into her virus riddle system, read through all her text messages and look at all her photos for clues.

It really draws the audience into it's creepy and layered story. The gameplay accents the story beats by crafting the scares to what the player would be logically thinking once they are suspend their disbelief. A useful thing to keep in mind

Nightmind did a really good cross examination of the game and it's flaws.




And for a fuller experience, good old markiplier did a solid playthrough.

Other than that I am still trying as hard as I can and trying to schedule my other classes with my thesis meetings. I will keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment