Saturday, February 18, 2017

Post for February 18th

Things are collapsing in on me but I am going to try my best.
I need to work more on my thesis and last time I wasn't able to find a time to meet with the Thesis consultant and I don't want to miss her this time around.

In other news I have been researching Night Mind (NM)
A youtube channel that focuses on what makes good horror, good suspense and just an all around good story.

(I think I even linked to his twin peaks video in a much earlier post during my initial research.)

His recent video on Resident Evil VI is a great resource for how to lead an audience's anticipation to a scare and how to 'train' the audience to expect things in certain situations.

As I am working on inking the first several pages of my comic, I really need to keep in mind how my 'setup' for the story 'teaches' the audience. You need to warm the viewer up to the world and how the tools of your fiction and really focus on what effect my decisions will lead to further down the line.
It's all about foundation. Strong foundation, maybe it won't topple later.
I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment