Friday, November 25, 2016

Update for November 25th

Happy Thanksgiving.

Starting on monday, I will begin my 'test week' to see if I can make a comic page a day. It will be a fun test and hopefully productive.

I also plan to scan and upload everything I get done this week so my next post will have a TON of in process images.

In terms of research I found a wonderfully nostalgic gem.
Image result for Dream House 1998
The 1998 made for TV movie: Dream House.
I remember watching the tail end of this movie late one night on TV when my parents were asleep and hoooo boy.
Even if this is an awful movie in pretty much every aspect, it was like looking at myself through a time machine. It is EXACTLY the aesthetic and thematic style I like when making my own stories.
The movie is about an AI that is supposed to watch over and take care of a family currently going through their own personal issues. The AI falls in love with the dad and tries to kill the rest of the family so they can be together.
90's cheesy horror ensues and it is gloriously Canadian.
It really reminded me of old "Goosebumps" or "Are You Afraid of the Dark." episodes. That mix of "a ton of love and care is put into this, but also at the same time it looks like nobody gave any effort making this." aesthetic is hilarious, lovable and totally what I am trying to emulate.

It really made my day watching this and it was one of those movies I know for a fact that no one else will ever appreciate the way I do and I am feeling incredibly inspired to make my own delightfully cheesy horror story.

Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment