Saturday, October 8, 2016

Update for Oct 8th


Research:

The biggest progress I made this week was printing out my list of inspirations and motivations.

I can tell I am on the right track for my horror comic because all of my neighbors have mentioned how scary my workspace has become.

An important aspect of my research was a series of documentaries on cult leaders. I read a lot of books and watched a lot of movies on cult mentality and even participated in a podcast called
Sects Ed about the mob mentality caused by charismatic leaders.

Through this I watched a documentary on the symbolism of Twin Peaks. This lead me to watching the whole series (currently) and the follow up moive Fire Walk with Me.


I have always had a fascination with surreal horror and David Lynch proves to be someone I should do a great deal more research into.

One of my biggest worries is that my horror will be too straight forward and thus lack impact. So studying the techniques used by Twin Peaks might just be what I need to give it that frightening and truly disturbing edge.


No comments:

Post a Comment