Saturday, October 15, 2016

Update for OCT 15th

This will hopefully be my last friday post NOT posted on a friday.

After meeting with Marianetta and Beth I am taking steps to not be so perpetually tardy.
I had initially thought that senior IP would be very work focused where everyday was individual work time on a schedule we set for ourselves. But I am learning that this is less self guided and much more like a traditional class with set weekly grades.

So my goal over break is to get back into the correct mindset for being a productive student.

Part 1: Scheduling: I have my weekly work time blocked out on a google calendar with reminders sent to my phone.

At the end of this week I will see how many pages I can ink and set my page limit for the rest of the semester. Hopefully I will be able to predict how long my final comic could be.

Part 2: Catch Up: I will be using the fall break to document all the work I have done so far.
I have done a lot of my work I just to show PROOF which is the key.

[X]- Stacks photos: I DO have many photos of myself researching in various libraries around campus. I will print them out.

[X]- Notes from Paul Sizer Interview: I wrote down all the notes I took on a piece of paper and just have to transfer them to digital so I can send it to Marianetta and Beth.

[X]- Future Interviews: I am currently reading Phoebe Gloeckner's biography and she has agreed to an interview at a later date.


Part 3: TRAILER:

To identify a singular project, I am going to be working on an 8-page preview "trailer" for my comic.
A "proof of concept" so it seems

Conclusion: I need to show PROOF that I am doing all this work or else it means nothing. I know that this isn't "busy work" but it is important to take this process in the correct order to ensure maximum success.
It might seem annoying but it is still important and I understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment