Saturday, October 1, 2016

Update for Oct 1st

Interview with Paul Sizer:













I got to do a 2 hour long Skype interview with Paul Sizer, the cartoonist and designer behind Little White Mouse and Moped Army. A lot of what we discussed was his how he creates his comics and where he gets his inspirations from.

But the most important part of the interview was hearing him talk about what possible paths I could take if I wanted to become a professional cartoonist. He talked about how he self published his comics and sold them at conventions as well as hosting them online. There were many clear steps that I could take if I wanted to get my completed story out to the public.

I have been struggling with my identity as an artist. I don't know who I am anymore or what I want to do with my art. I am not sure if I can really follow through with my ideas but I know that it would be worse NOT to.

Talking with Paul gave me a lot of insight on what I want from my project and where I want to take it looking towards the future.
I now have a much clearer goal when it comes to what I want to do and when I plan to do it. That is important to me

No comments:

Post a Comment