Friday, January 13, 2017

First Update of 2017 (Jan 13th)

It's Friday the 13th so this post is appropriate.

I finally have a clear roadmap to finishing my IP project and I couldn't be more excited.

Taking to heart my mid-process critique and focusing on one story at a time.
The first one about the hacker specifically.
I decided to drop the supernatural elements (almost) and focus on making it a more traditional horror story that you might here whispered on forums of shared via chain email.
To tap into the darker "urban legend" motif.

I have a full script of the story and it is my goal to have 15+ thumbnail storyboards by next week ready to ink.
I am going for a much more grounded "creepypasta" style that might make it dig just that much deeper under the skin of my readers and I love it.
I am drawing more inspirations from the dramatic creepypastas readings like this one: (waring, graphic content)

They give me the chills and I think this is a great path to take when writing my "modern horror story" with more of Twilight Zone or Hitchcock style to the tragedy rather than just a spooky ghost story.

I am super excited and will have actual work to post by next update.
Let's do this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment